Answered

Segment events are not appearing on the user profile even after received.

• 3 July 2023
  • 2 replies

We are sending user data from Segment to Intercom, we did all the mapping according to the documentations and did not exceed limitations but still some of the event properties we receive with the event is not visible on the user profile. e.g We are sending “order_completed” event and can see “invoice_url” in the custom properties list but not seeing it on the user profile.

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 9 July 2023, 20:06

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi there @Halil Yildirim 

I can see an order_completed Event in your workspace. So, it seems like that Event is coming through. Are you saying that the Event is coming through, but you’re not receiving all of the Metadata that you’re sending with the Event? If that’s the case, how many pieces of metadata are you sending. There is a limit of 20 metadata attributes per Event. Is it possible you’re hitting this limit?

Let me know if I’m misunderstanding your question and send along some more details so I can better understand.

You can read up on Troubleshooting your Event issues in this helpful article

We have similar problem, used integration with Segment. Updates of Contact don’t appear in Intercom on test environment but doesn’t work on production. We have same mapping settings for test and prod environments.