Answered

How to set Null value in Custom object attribute when custom action response do not have mapping attribute?

• 6 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

My custom action have one API which is not returning few fields when they are null. I want to map this attributes with my Custom Object's attributes as null when API Response do not have this attribute values. But, instead it is throwing an Error. Is there any way to show the Null Values in the custom object attributes when mapped field is not available in response of custom action API.

icon

Best answer by Racheal 20 December 2022, 01:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @kushal​ Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

Could you reach out to the support team on this so we can take a better look? Your use case makes a lot of sense so I want to make sure what you are seeing is expected and not an issue on our end!

Any idea on this? @rachel d​ 

Do we have any updates on this issue? I’m needing to send multiple variables to my API but they all depend on what the user selected, and some will always need to be null. Never will my bot have all information that is loaded into the url.

Optional url params or body content seems like it should be built in by default?

Hey @kushal​ Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

Could you reach out to the support team on this so we can take a better look? Your use case makes a lot of sense so I want to make sure what you are seeing is expected and not an issue on our end!

Do we have any update on a resolution for this? I’m facing this same issue.