Answered

Add BCC to intercom email

• 26 April 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Is it possible to add bcc to an outgoing email from Intercom?

icon

Best answer by Nathan Sudds 26 April 2023, 02:56

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Aaron Lifshin I don't think it's possible currently to add a bcc on outgoing messages but I'd love to hear more about the use case so maybe we can find a work around for you if it's not available. 

For example, you could use the internal notes and @mention someone if you want to alert a team member without including them in the thread publicly.

Or maybe it's possible to use Zapier + tags in Intercom to trigger the email copy if it's something you need.

Looking forward to your reply

Userlevel 1

It’s a very simple way to get all the outbound emails into my CRM - Pipedrive.

bcc is a pretty standard email function, why can’t I use it when I send email via Intercom?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Aaron Lifshin Thanks for sharing your goal, it looks like there are some Pipedrive integrations that could help with this -- for example Zapier or possibly one of the Pipedrive compatible apps from the Intercom AppStore

Hope this helps!

I want this too - for the same reason, but to forward messages to Hubspot.

Intercom has an extremely annoying limitation where it can not handle the fact that most people have more than one email address, and they like to get service via whichever email account they happen to be using at the time.

Intercom insists these must all be separate people, because they have different email addresses.

I find this weird since Intercom has tried to support omnichannel comms via chat services etc, but it cannot do the most obvious and easiest omnichannel which is multiple email addresses per contact.

Hubspot allows me to manage multiple email addresses per contact, with a single primary email to be used for outgoing emails, and numerous additional email addresses that will be recognised for inbound messages from that user.

So I can see a consolidated view of interactions in Hubspot which is currently impossible in Intercom.

If Intercom allowed a BCC email, I could auto-update this consolidated Hubspot message history with each outbound message from my Intercom.

So Intercom tema, please enable BCC on outbound messages, OR enable mapping multiple email addresses to a single user!

@Aaron Lifshin Thanks for sharing your goal, it looks like there are some Pipedrive integrations that could help with this -- for example Zapier or possibly one of the Pipedrive compatible apps from the Intercom AppStore

Hope this helps!

great

BCC function would be amazing - when sending bulk emails to a group of customers, we will be breaching privacy if we share email addresses among the customers.

Agreed with the above. CC and BCC are very basic functions. Please add this functionality. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @Harris and @Mike Macdonald, Ebenezer here from Engineering Support👋.

I am more than happy to submit this as a feature request for our engineers to look into.

Could you reach out to us with this suggestion via Messenger? It will be a bit easier to keep track of this request with the feature.

I upvote this. It would save us a ton of work if i could just BCC all intercom outgoing emails (mostly chats) to our support inbox. Intercom is a very closed box right now, and other departments have a need to see emails and ideally chat conversations in other tools such as Pipedrive. Intercom is great for support, but our sales team uses another system. Information currently can’t be shared. Quite frustrating, and this BCC feature would be a step in the right direction.

Userlevel 1

Coming back here almost a year later @Nathan Sudds - is there any way to add a bcc to Intercom emails yet?