Answered

Can I merge conversations?

• New Participant
  • 0 replies

Hi,

Is there an option to merge tickets? 

I have two different tickets that are basically on the same issue and I wanted to merge both of them into one.

icon

Best answer by Diana Tripac 21 June 2022, 11:54

View original

35 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @zvia​ 👋 Welcome to Interconnect ✨

That's a good question. At this time there is no option to merge 2 conversations.

However, there was an open discussion about this topic, please take a look:

Which bulk actions would you like in the Inbox?

I hope the Intercom product team will catch this feedback, @Product Wishlist​ .

I hope this will be helpful, Have a great day.

I currently have this need quite often since I am not able to steer users into the proper conversation https://forum.intercom.com/s/feed/0D52G00004x9BMTSA2

This is definitely needed when answer to an ongoing conversation opens a new thread due to e-mail, subject or any other variable.

Agreed, would love to see this feature!!

This is definitely needed asap!

Same issue here! We encounter this with users who send us support emails instead of using the Intercom messenger.

Same here ! It's really needed

I would love this feature.

This is a major blocker. We do use Intercom but our Support team is thinking about switching away to another solution only because of this. The features of intercom may be excellent, if the basics of thread management is not here, it's just not fulfilling the job.

Please consider the importance of this ticket.

I would really like to see this feature added. We use Intercom for service delivery and it would be a significant help

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

There is an app on Intercom Marketplace that can help with this, at least to some extent. It is called SupportNinja. I haven't tried it yet but I had some discussion with the team behind it and it seems promising.

You can find them here too https://supportninja.app/

If anyone gives it a try please share your comments here as I'll be looking into testing it too.

Cheers!

Thanks for sharing Milan! Please share your comments and feedbacks - You can find the app here >>> Support Ninja 🚀

Has anyone been able to get Support Ninja to work? I installed it but none of the actions seem to do anything, and I cannot get conversations to merge.

Hey there! Sorry to hear that it was not working properly. You can reach out to us on hello@supportninja.app and we can definitely figure it out 😉.

+1000 this is a much needed feature. Information is scattered across different conversations with different team members and it's definitely confusing UX.

7 month after and still no feedback from the product team.

👍 for this feature.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Strong support for this. Oh, and splitting a conversation too. So often customers will reply with a completely different issue and all the tracking is thrown unless you say "Ummm...could you open a new ticket, please" which is getting the customer to address a systemic issue...

Hey Pierre - How about you give us a try - Support Ninja - We have a cool feature that can help you merge your duplicates ;)

Hello! Maybe we can help - Check us out - Support Ninja 😉

With the Support Ninja App - That's actually possible - You can merge conversations and much more - Try it for free https://cutt.ly/yY1oYGL😱

+1 on this. We switched from Freshdesk and find Intercom's messaging as superior. But the ticketing capability especially being able to merge threads is a big issue right now.

Is this feature being worked upon?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Same. In fact, I can't find it anymore - it says "Sorry that app does not exist"

Support Ninja

Hey @adam w11​ - You're right, we were revamping the current version, and I'm happy to say that the new improved version is back on the App Store - Feel free to check it out - Support Ninja 😀

Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 12.30.31 PM

So true!! Please bring this feature out - it is so needed!