Skip to main content

Hey all, I operate a service-based firm looking to build out more of a saas-like platform to provide services to small businesses and individuals. Usually, we utilize client portals that have no form of client communication capabilities or have their own internal client chat method. However, email tends to be impossible to utilize as a whole, and portal chats tend to have their own limitations and lack of access and automation. Having the clean and on-site messenger for desktop and mobile seems to be a much better experience. But I have questions for those who are more seasoned using Intercom to see if my thinking on how to use it makes sense in the long-term.

So going to spit ball some questions I’m hoping others can provide feedback or insight on!

• Has any other service based companies moved to using Intercom as a direct to client communication tool? For example, instead of shooting an email, have it shoot a direct notification to the user thru Intercom. Has that been more preferred by clients?
    Or, do you use it more as a way for the client to reach out to you instead, and don’t really utilize it to message out to clients or provide notifications through?

• Is there a way to have it on the messenger where there’s an action to have it message a specific group or team?
    For example, in our case if the user wants to message their accounting team vs messaging the tax team?

• Is there a way to have it on our site that a user can click, lets say a link that triggers an action to pull up the messenger, and a specific existing/open chat thread? This way if on the site we have a open task or item and a linked chat, that the user can click something and have the messenger pull up directly to that thread for a easier and integrated experience?

Really looking to think this out properly to see if we can utilize Intercom as a full messaging platform really. Any feedback or thoughts would be super appreciated!

Hey @Daniel Fonseca, EA, CFE 👋  Great to hear you’re interested in Intercom!

You may find some information you’re looking for over on our Use Cases page. I’d also really recommend signing up to attend Pioneer, Intercom’s first-ever AI Customer Service Summit, later this week - signup here pioneer.intercom.com ✨