Answered

[ANDROID INTERCOM SDK] NoSuchMethodError related to androidx.profileinstaller.ProfileInstallerInitializer

• 21 April 2023
  • 1 reply

I've encountered an issue related to the Intercom SDK  that appears to be caused by the androidx.profileinstaller.ProfileInstallerInitializer class (only intercom sdk uses this dependency in our project). I get this error using latest io.intercom.android:intercom-sdk:14.2.0. Probably, it may be due to an outdated version of the androidx.profileinstaller:profileinstaller:1.2.0 library included in the Intercom SDK.
The issue has caused 82 crash events, raising serious concerns about my project’s stability and the quality of the user experience.

Here's the error I encountered:
Fatal Exception: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: No direct method <init>(Landroid/content/Context;)V in class Landroidx/profileinstaller/ProfileInstallerInitializer$$ExternalSyntheticLambda2; or its super classes (declaration of 'androidx.profileinstaller.ProfileInstallerInitializer$$ExternalSyntheticLambda2' appears in base.apk:classes3.dex)
       at androidx.profileinstaller.ProfileInstallerInitializer.writeInBackground(ProfileInstallerInitializer.java:145)
       at androidx.profileinstaller.ProfileInstallerInitializer.lambda$installAfterDelay$1(ProfileInstallerInitializer.java:117)
       at androidx.profileinstaller.ProfileInstallerInitializer$$ExternalSyntheticLambda0.run(D8$$SyntheticClass)
       at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:751)...

icon

Best answer by Racheal 27 April 2023, 23:23

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @Illia Herman Racheal from the support engineer team here👋

I’m going to go ahead and forward this conversation into the support team so we can take a better look at this for you!