Answered

Start new whatsapp conversation with approved templates by trigger

• 24 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I am looking for a way to automatically start new Whatsapp conversations—using approved Templates (triggered by events that are synced from the product to IC).

I know that this is not possible with the current Whatsapp integration and that only 1:1 conversations can be started via the Inbox.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could implement this? Has a workaround perhaps been found?

If not, an external solution would also be conceivable. I would be grateful for any advice.

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 4 June 2023, 17:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Adding in @Milan, @Nathan Sudds & @Kevin Bendixen in case they can advise 🙏🏼

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @MichaelS !

Any setup like this would require the sending of a WhatsApp message through the Intercom public REST API. Currently, the API doesn’t have this ability so I’m not terribly hopeful of their being a 3rd party solution out there for this workflow. I’ll flag having the ability to send WhatsApp messages via our API as a Feature Request with our Product Team though!

I have a question relating to a prior step in this process:

I’ve verified my Whatsapp-account, linked it to the Intercom application and built a few message templates within WhatsApp Manager. Somehow I’m still not able to choose this channel even though (I think) the requirements to do so are met.

Obvious screenshot as superfluous proof.