Skip to main content

Hi, I managed to utilise the API for extracting metadata of all the customer facing articles in the help centre. Is there a way (API or workaround) to export internal facing articles from our knowledge base as well? 

Thanks in advance.

Hi Casper Leenders, It’s Mat from the Support Engineering Team 😀

The Intercom's UI does not offer a direct method to export internal facing articles from your knowledge base, you can use the Articles API to export the content. The API allows you to list articles and retrieve the information you need in JSON format. However, it's important to note that this process may require some technical knowledge or assistance from a developer, as it involves working with a REST API. For more details on how to use the Articles API for exporting articles, you can refer to the API documentation provided by Intercom. Here are the relevant links for your reference: Intercom developer documentation on the Article model and Formatting and exporting your articles with the Articles API guide.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this 😸

Hi @mateusz.leszkiewicz,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I know the UI does not have a direct method. Hence the reason I have already used the API.  The issue is that it looks like the API only supports the export of articles that are in the helpdesk (so external facing). I am also looking to export the internal articles of the knowledge base. I would like to know if the API supports this or not? And if not, is there any other way to get an overview of all internal facing articles?

Hi Casper Leenders,

Apologies I might have misunderstood you earlier.

The Intercom API does not currently support the retrieval of internal articles from the Knowledge Hub. There is no endpoint available for exporting or accessing internal articles via the API. As of now, there is no alternative method provided for getting an overview of all internal-facing articles. 

The limitation was flagged to our Product Team and they might pick it up for a development in the near future.

I wish I’ve had a better news for you.