Answered

The related article feature doesn't suggest the relevant articles from the same collection. Is there a way around this, or a way to change which articles are being suggested?

• 21 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi there, 

Does anyone know if there is a way to amend the suggested related articles that are populated at the bottom of each article when you enable the ‘related articles’ feature. 

I am finding that irrelevant articles are being suggested, ones that aren’t even in the same collection (each product has it’s own collection of articles), or those that have similar keywords. 

The current intercom help articles don’t seem to shed any light on this, so any help or workarounds welcome!

If there’s no way around this, I’ll have to disable as it’s not suitable for the customer journey. 

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 26 June 2023, 00:22

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Aimee Brown 

The Collection isn’t taken into account when formulating the Related Articles, rather we look at keywords located in the title, description, and body when formulating the score for what articles are deemed related. I should note that private articles and articles that have been toggled to not be included in the results, won’t be considered. If you’re looking to achieve better results with this, you may want to make sure the right keywords are being used in your titles and descriptions since the algorithm will give higher weight to those sections than it will to keywords that are located in the body.

I’m also going to flag your thoughts around using the Article’s Collection to help improve the returned results with our Product Team since that seems like a great idea!