Skip to main content
Answered

Hubspot to Intercom New Companies Error

• 8 July 2024
  • 1 reply

To start with, Hubspot is telling me to ask Intercom for help, and Intercom tells me they can’t do anything and to ask Hubspot.

I am trying to sync new companies created in Hubspot to Intercom. In Hubspot, for some reason I have two integrations (this may be problematic, I don’t know).

The “Built by Intercom” Intercom integration won’t let me edit anything.

The “Built by Hubspot” integration is editable. When I configure it, it says that thousaands of companies are in sync, a handful are failed, and a handful are excluded (this is expected). In Intercom I have only a few dozen companies in my contacts section (this is unexpected). When I look further, I see specific companies and see that the system thinks they are indeed synced. I look for those specific companies and do not find them. To summarize so far, the Hubspot integration tells me everything looks great, but in Intercom, I don’t see the companies.

To make matters more complicated, but to provide another hint at the problem, I have a Zapier set up to trigger when a new company is created in Intercom. Weirdly, it is getting triggered whenever a new company is created in hubspot (i.e. that company is briefly showing up in Intercom, so it seems) but then erroring that it cannot find that company (as if it is immediately getting archived/deleted)

Please help!

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Andrew Underhill, It’s Mat from the Support Engineering Team 😀

That’s correct We do have 2 different integrations with Hubspot. 
The one made by Intercom will only send data from Intercom to the Hubspot (it won't send the data from Hubspot to Intercom).

If you want to have a two-way integration, I would recommend deleting the integration made by Intercom and sticking to the one created by Hubspot.

I’ve created a conversation in Intercom for you and for our engineers to look into this situation closely but as far as I could tell, it looks like an expected behaviour for our native integration.