Answered

Is it possible to add multiple addresses to the same User ID?

• 25 May 2024
  • 1 reply

I’m working on the data of my company via intercom and some of my clients with the same User ID have more than one subscription plan, with different addresses. Is it possible to save multiple contacts with the same User ID? Do i need to provide one User ID for each subscription plan?

icon

Best answer by Nathan Sudds 26 May 2024, 19:50

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@João Paulo Fioreze  This might be more complicated to answer without seeing how your subscriptions and users are setup but what’s the use case for having more than one email per User ID?  Is it the same user with multiple addresses and subscriptions under different addresses? Or multiple users from the same org/company for example?  If that’s the case, you could use the company umbrella to bring all those users together in some way to track all the accounts related to that company. 

If one user truly does have one User ID with multiple addresses and subscriptions there may be a way to accommodate this but you may need to get creative with it. 

There’s been a request to add the ability to add secondary email addresses and merge duplicates but I don’t believe that’s been implemented yet, although there is a beta for merging conversations and tickets but not sure if it would work for your use case. 

If you can share more here about your setup maybe we can help more as a community or if you want to share more privately, feel free to DM me or use my calendar link below to book free call on my calendar to walk through your setup. 

Hope this helps

Nathan