Answered

Is it possible to assign a user to an existing company?

• 5 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

if we receive an email from a new user that is part of an existing company, we do not have an easy way to link them to the company.

I do not know how to do anything with API and it seems silly to hire a developer everytime I need a little change.

icon

Best answer by Racheal 6 December 2022, 03:45

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @user2397​ Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

You can manually add a user to an existing company by going to a user's profile page and scrolling down to the Qualification panel. Then, click on the "Company name" attribute and search for the company that you want to add the user to.

Userlevel 1

thank you, that worked!

hey @Racheal -- quick question related to this. Can intercom automatically attach a Company to a new User based on their email domain? 

I’d love to know this: 

Can intercom automatically attach a Company to a new User based on their email domain? 

Either out of the box or using some sort of automation?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Alex Diacre Upstart 

There isn’t a way to do this out of the box, but you could build out this functionality. You would want to subscribe to our contact.user.created Webhook in order to receive a notification that a new user was created, then you could make a call to our REST API and attach the contact to the Company.