Answered

Creating ticket/conversation from within Slack

• 29 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello Intercom community. We use Slack as our communication hub and have many sales, product, and onboarding team members using Slack. Most of our support team uses Intercom though. What is the best practice for us to take a conversation from Slack and turn it into an Intercom ticket/chat? We want to have our sales/product/onboarding teams create an issue from within Slack and support can work on the issue from within Intercom then follow up and close it. Ideally support would do that in Intercom and updates would be sent to Slack.

We found this 3rd party solution, but we'd prefer not to have to spend any more money or install more software: https://clearfeed.ai/pricing#Integrations

icon

Best answer by mateusz.leszkiewicz 30 January 2024, 14:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for posting this question here. I believe I’ve already answered it for you in our chat, but we can do it here as well.

Currently, we are not supporting the creation of tickets or chats from Slack messages, but I can mark it as a feature request for you.
Hope is not lost entirely, though. Since we have an API endpoint for ticket and message creation you can build an automation using a third-party tool like Zapier.

I hope my answer will be useful to you.

Chers, Mat from the Support Engineering Team 😀

Hello Mat - Thanks for the information. We might build something. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I am glad to hear that.
If you have any questions about that, feel free to reach out to us via Messenger.