Answered

Is there any way to send new conversations assigned to a team/teammate into Slack?

• 22 December 2023
  • 3 replies

I tried the Intercom/Slack app, but it does not appear to be a way to send assigned conversation notifications. Does anyone know how to make this work?

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 7 January 2024, 00:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Paula Shuler !

Our Slack integration allows you to use or Workflows to customize when notifications get sent to Slack. If you are assigning conversations to teams/teammates via a Workflow, you can also insert the Slack notification to be included in that same workflow action.

If you are assigning the conversations from within the Help Desk instead of automatically via a Workflow, you can now trigger Reusable Workflows directly from your Help Desk. To do this you’ll first need to create a Reusable Workflow that assigns the conversation to the appropriate team and then assigns the conversation to slack (like in the screenshot above).

Then, when you have the conversation open on your Help Desk you can use ⌘ / Ctrl K to open the shortcut menu and search for "Trigger reusable workflow".

Select the workflow that you want to use and it will perform the assignment and Slack notification actions that you set up. You can read up on that behavior here!

Hey Jacob -

So someone manually from the help desk needs to trigger the workflow, if it’s within the help desk?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Paula Shuler !

As I mentioned in my response above, you can send those notifications automatically to Slack in a Workflow ….

...or you can trigger a reusable workflow from the Help Desk to do this.

If you have any confusions around how to do any of that, please send along your specific questions and I can dig into it further!