Answered

PDF format for FIN

• 21 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I was wondering, how exactly FIN using PDF files as a source of data. Is it the same as help portal where FIN reads, interpret the data and use it to compile answers or can it be used as Snippet?

Example.
Can I create a PDF file where I will list info in the following format 

If the customer asks “xxxx” question or its variation
Then use this as a base for an answer - “yyy”

I basically want to eliminate snippets with it. Use PDF file to gather all the snippets, then translate each PDF file to multiple languages and upload them altogether. Covering 2 points - managing multilingual content and uploading snippets-like instructions in a bulk.

If Intercom team can take a look at it and let me know if it will work, that would be swell. And of course, if someone else tried this, plesae, let me know :)

icon

Best answer by Larissa Alberti 21 November 2023, 17:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Denis Taranets 👋

Larissa here from Intercom Support.

You just need to provide a PDF file and we'll fetch all the text data inside and make it available for Fin to use.

Please note that each PDF file uploaded has to have a unique name with unique content and multi-column PDFs are not supported.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello @Larissa Alberti the question is can we build a PDF as a collection of snippets. 

Literally put there 

1. question XXX
    answer - xxx1
  2. questoin yyy
    answer yyy1 

And so on

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Denis Taranets 👋

I’m afraid this wouldn’t work as we suggest having unique content per PDF, instead of multiple contents/ snippets on the same PDF file.

Hope this clarifies!