Answered

Follow up on message reactions

• 3 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi there,

I have an automated messaging running in Intercom and give users the option to react with emojis. Now I would like to follow up automatically depending on the emoji they have chosen to find out why the user reacted in this way. How can I do this? I know that this is possible for articles but I didn’t found it for message reactions.

Thank you very much in advance and best regards

Holger

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 3 March 2024, 22:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Holger 😄 Bernice here from Intercom support.

I just want to note that message reactions are currently not a feature of Intercom - when a user receives an email from Intercom, they might see a reaction option (e.g., thumbs up) in their email inbox, depending on their email provider. Intercom does not control this feature, as it is generated by the email provider or a third-party tool you are using. When a user clicks on the reaction option, it will be visible in the Intercom conversation as "reacted to your message.".

The best way to follow up with customers here would be to created a Custom Bot Workflow that would follow up after a customer had reopened or reacted to you last message. You’ll find more on building Workflows in this article and on Workflow triggers in this article from our Help Center 📌

Badge

Hi @bernice Thank you very much for your answer. I think my description wasn’t clear enough.

I am sending out posts with “Reply type” = “Reaction”:

In these posts users have these options:

Now I want to follow up and send people further messages depending on the reaction (thumps up, neutral, thumps down).

As far as I know I can use Workflows only like “has reacted” (in general) but not with “has reacted with ‘thumbs up’”.

Best regards,

Holger

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Holger !

You’re correct that currently we only report if an end user reacted to the Post or Banner, we don’t allow you to set a rule based on what the actual reaction was. 

The only workaround that I can currently see is to filter for a specific reaction in the stats menu of the Post in your workspace. Then you can tag all of the Users who responded a specific way.

Then you can create a workflow or Proactive Message that targets users with those Tags. This does require more manual work than what your original question implies, so I’m going to flag this with our team to let them know that it would be beneficial to target specific reactions in our Audience rules. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

Badge

Hi Jacob,

thank you very much for your reply. It would be great to have this possibility in the future.

Best regards,

Holger