Skip to main content
Answered

Responsiveness in HTML emails.

• 13 May 2024
  • 5 replies

I noticed that gmail strips out whatever styles are included in the style tag with the data-premailer=”ignore” attribute. Is there anyway to send emails without it being needed. All my styles are already inline I don’t need them to be moved for me. 

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hey @psami 👋 All styles and ID attributes that you include in the message body will be stripped out of HTML blocks.

If you want to apply some special styling to HTML within your HTML blocks, then you could create an email template from HTML with your specific styles in the <head> and then reference the classes in the HTML block. These styles will be inlined when the email is sent.

You'll find more on this in this article from our Help Center - Creating HTML emails 📧

However, this issue may be only may be related to Gmail - if you notice this continuing, let me know and I can pass you over to the team to take a further look for you 🔎

Hello @bernice I followed the styling rules in the help center but I’m still having the issue of losing all the styles in a style tag with data-premailer=”ignore” in gmail. I tested this on outlook and it works perfectly. You are right about it being a gmail only issue. I can overlook it for now. But I think there should be an option to disable to auto inlining of styles in a style tag.

In HTML emails, responsiveness is key to ensuring optimal viewing experiences across various devices and screen sizes. directv tv packages  Implementing responsive design techniques such as media queries, fluid layouts, and scalable images allows emails to adapt seamlessly to different platforms, including desktops, tablets, and smartphones. This enhances readability, usability, and engagement, ensuring recipients can easily access and interact with email content regardless of the device they're using.    

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @psami and @laracroft 

I totally agree, I’ll bring this feedback to the to the team to see if this is something that can be worked on!