Answered

Send Intercom replies to original sender email

• 8 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I just started using Intercom. We have multiple people managing replies from a single account, which works well.

Is there a way to also send the Intercom replies to the original sender email? For example: our group-managed email is example@gmail.com. When a user sends an email to example@gmail.com it gets forwarded to Intercom, where it’s replied to. However, there’s no history of the email in example@gmail.com. This is a problem because I still need to manage/track the email threads in Gmail in addition to Intercom. Mainly because I’ll need to pick up communication out of office hours and over the weekend.

How can i solve this? 

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 17 February 2024, 21:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Ed Jones - Just a heads up that each teammate will need to have their own seat, per our Terms of Service: "User IDs are granted to individual, named persons and may not be shared."

You’ll find more on Email Forwarding in this article from out Help Center 📌

Hi Bernice, 

Thanks for the reply. I’ve done all this, and it’s working as intended. But this doesn’t answer my question.

My question is, once I have email forwarding setup from Gmail → Intercom, is there a way to forward conversations that take place in Intercom back to Gmail. I want my team to be able to manage a single email from within Intercom, but I need to be able to track these emails outside of Intercom as well. Is this possible? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Ed Jones !

It’s not currently possible to forward those email replies back out to your email provider. If you need to track conversations outside of Intercom, you can make use of our REST API and/or Webhooks for pulling those replies into a 3rd party tool.👍