Answered

Series, Posts, and Tours - Single Page App

• 13 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there, 

I have a single page app. I’m having some issues being able to set up series or subsequent events on the same page.

The behavior I want:

• Welcome post
  • Dismiss or click a link in the post
  • Launch a product tour on the same page without any other interaction. 

I’ve tried two ways:

• Launch post and then product tour in the same series.
    • The issue that I’m having is that when I dismiss the post, the product tour does not launch without a page refresh. (The post AND the product tour is on the same page).
  • Launch post, click a link in the post to a the product tour (show tour anywhere link) or insert the product tour directly (displays the product tour name and description with a link). 
    • The issue that I’m having here is that when the user completes the product tour, the post pops back up. 

Is there something I’m missing here?

• Why won’t the product tour launch without a page refresh?
  • Why doesn’t Intercom treat a link click as a dismiss? Or is there a way to do this? I’ve tried tagging and having the tag as an entry rule.

Thanks,

Steve

icon

Best answer by Nathan Sudds 13 June 2023, 20:17

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Steve Ervin Sorry you are having this issue with your Single Page App,  I don’t have an answer directly but I am wondering if you’ve reviewed the information for integrating Intercom with a Single Page App as there may be some solutions there with the options on how you tell Intercom the page url has changed via one of the methods they suggest using Google Tag Manager, etc. that could help you direct users or target a simulated url change to activate the tour or dismiss the original message etc. 

Someone else may have some specific helpful advice for configuring the workflow you are working on but just in case you hadn’t seen this info I wanted to check in with you. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @Steve Ervin Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

@Nathan Sudds is exactly right- it sounds like you haven’t installed the Messenger using our Single Page App instructions. Websites that are a Single Page Application (SPA) are characterized by very few page refreshes and lots of asynchronous JavaScript require Intercom integration in a slightly altered way. This involves including the Intercom JavaScript library file in your HTML head element and making a few extra JS calls.

The linked documentation on integrating Intercom in a SPA will provide complete details.