Skip to main content

Hello! I want to set up an automated series so that when a tag is added to a user, that will trigger an email to be sent to the address of my choosing. Can anyone guide me on how to set up a series to meet this criteria? Thanks in advance! 

Hey @Kevin J11 👋 To set up an automated series that triggers an email to be sent to a specific address when a tag is added to a user, you can use the tag audience rule in the series. This rule is based on whether a user is tagged with a specific tag, not the act of tagging them. As long as the user is tagged, they will enter the series based on the schedule you set. Make sure the tags are applied before users reach the relevant rule block in the series to ensure they enter the series properly.

Alternatively, you can create an event trigger to the entry rule, which would allow the user to enter the series immediately when the tag is assigned. Note that you may need to create a custom event on your end to trigger the series immediately. Also, you can use "Signed up > If its on the date" as an alternative trigger if you're creating users through your API.

You'll find more on this in this article from our Help Center ⬇️

Series explained