Answered

URGENT — 296 users in segment but only 142 when sending bulk email

• 18 April 2024
  • 1 reply

I’ve got a specific segment of users uploaded from csv — 296 users in total.

When clicking on “send message” and down to “rules” there’s only 142 users. I’ve switched “include those who were unsubscribed” on — but there’s still only 142. Am I missing something here? It’s really frustrating! 

Thanks for any help :)

icon

Best answer by aykut.aydin 19 April 2024, 04:12

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey@annaaldersley 

While comparing the total number of your segment and the number that is showing in the audience rules section, you should note that there are 4 filters we'll add by default to an outbound email audience.

These are:

• email has any value
  • unsubscribed from emails is false
  • marked email as spam is false
  • has hard bounced is false

If you enable the “include those who were unsubscribed” toggle, it will just include those who were last seen in the last 90 days. So if a user unsubscribed but their last seen date is not less than 90 days ago, they will still not be included.

In addition to this, you should also consider the other 3 filter I mentioned above (“marked email as spam”, “has hard bounced” and “email”)

For example, here I have a test email and I see 183 people in my audience, although I have a total of 196 users

But when I check my contact list with the filters I mentioned, I can see the numbers match as expected

Could you please go to your segment on the Contacts list and filter with those filters and let me know if you are seeing the number matching your audience rules list in the email?