Answered

Android unreadConversationCountListener not working after a login

• 11 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I’m implementing your SDK on an Android app and I’m facing an issue regarding the unreadConversationCountListener method.

After a login, if my user doesn’t have any unread message and I send him a new one from the admin dashboard, the listener receive nothing.
For it to work, I need to close and reopen the app but if I logout and login again, the same issue appear.
If there is already a message unread when I login, the listener is working and directly send me the correct amount.

I tried to move the listener in different places, before the login, after it, at the creation of the app, … but nothing change.

I didn’t found directly this issue because it appears only after my pipeline build the app and send it to my Firebase App Distribution.
I thought that was because of proguard but I put the rules found in your documentation.

Let me know if you need more informations.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by aykut.aydin 18 April 2024, 03:48

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey @AlexisM 

Thanks for all the details you provided above!

This will need further investigation on our end. So, I have escalated this with the Support Engineering team as a conversation. You will receive a reply from them in there as soon as possible, and they will also let you know if we need any other information from your end. 👍