Skip to main content

I want to set an event on my site. 
So when the customer click on it, there will be an automated message sent from the customer to our chat box and we will collect their data  as lead from then. 

I tried setting the series with rules but it seems that those are my actions, not the lead (customer). 
Is there any workaround?

Hey there👋  Jacques here from support engineering. 

We wouldn’t currently have an out-of-the-box solution to handle automatically sending a message from the end user to your Help Desk, you’t actually automatically send a message from the end user side.

However, you can use the Javascript ShowNewMessage method to automatically launch the Messenger with whatever message you specify typed into the Messenger. However, the message wouldn’t be sent automatically. So you could call this method in the onClick function (or equivalent) of the button in your website, and when your Customer clicks on it, the Messenger will be launched with whatever message you specify in the JS Method.

As for collecting their data, you would need to handle that in your website code. You would need to dynamically add their data into the message content in the Javascript Method you’re calling.

Hope this helps! Feel free to reach out to our support team via the messenger if you need more help with this!