Answered

How can I group 'Saved content' and 'macros' together?

• 7 April 2021
  • 5 replies

The macro's are only visible when an email conversation is existing already. When a new email conversation is started by 'us' a different set of saved replies is visible (called saved content). Both are very important. Just wondering if they can be combined in one type of saved reply/macro? 

icon

Best answer by Sam 7 April 2021, 19:47

View original

5 replies

Badge +1

I think Saved Content and Macros are completely detached at the moment. I'd love to see these merged together.

Ahh ok thanks for the info. Yes me too! Also I would like to have a menu where I can manage both of them. Because until know I just can manage the saved content just when I'm opening it. And not like the macros in the settings. Or am I missing something?😅

The odd thing is they shouldn't be...at least not according to the Intercom documentation. According to the article located here: https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/206-respond-to-customers-faster-with-macros-formerly-saved-replies - There is a bullet point that says you can use Macros in a number of different locations, one of which is:

"Start new conversations — Macros can now be used when you initiate a new conversation from "contacts". (Unavailable in the Intercom mobile app)"

I read this to mean that as long as I initiate a new conversation from Contacts, I should be able to use the Macro functionality. When I attempt this, and I click what look like the Macros icon (see first screenshot) - the alt text calls it "Saved Content" and it is definitely different than the Macro function. This occurs in the two visible places from Contacts that I can see to initiate a message (see 2nd screenshot).

Saved Content?

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 2.41.13 PMSend Message locations in Contacts

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 2.45.44 PM 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@user1030​ Huge +1 for this one! And @user386​ wow, I really need to hear what the team says about this one @eric f11​ because that's exactly how it should be or at least give access to both Macros and Saved Content in that space because often you want to start a new message with info from a macro --- right now it feels so disconnected and not useful, my Saved Content is always missing what I want to send and it's not worth updating for how infrequently we use this in our use case.

I could see this being different for different teams so maybe having both available or having categories inside the Macro dropdown to help make it easier to organize right now it's a bit of a tasks to choose naming conventions but search usually does the trick.

I have made a list of wishlist items and fixes for macros but I've been too busy with some projects to come here and post about it --- I might need to just post each one as I experience it instead of trying to put a thorough list together.

I like how you've done that here @sam and @user386​ 

Badge

To group 'Saved content' and 'macros' together, you can create an archive where you put both the saved replies and macros. This way, whether you're starting a new email convo or replying to an existing one, you can access all the important stuff in one place. So, when you need to reply, you just pick the right thing from the archive, easy-peasy!