Skip to main content

Hi, I have a user who is unable to see the “Start Conversation” (in our case “Send us a message”) button

I have read this article and checked our settings and have confirmed they are all what they should be. We are not using assignment capacity.

I have also been unable to reproduce the problem on the same device/browser as the user or any other combination. We have tried clearing their browser cache, and logging in/out of or application (to re-initialize the Intercom connection)

The problem is on an iPhone SE using Safari, but using a simulator I was unable to reproduce the issue.

One thing I find odd is that I also don’t see the button in question in the preview editor (for either users or visitors) but am not sure if this is a red herring.

are there more troubleshooting steps I can do or do you see something obvious that I am missing?

Hey @bobsondonut, Emily here from Technical Support Engineering in Dublin 👋🏼

This question sounds like it may need some further investigating to get to the bottom of. Would you mind opening up a conversation in the messenger so that we can get one of our support team members to assist you here?

You can link this question in the conversation so that you don’t have to explain everything all over again :)

Thank you! ☘️