Answered

When opening messenger, conversation topics are not shown

Using React Native SDK, we’re experiencing a bit weird issue. When opening messenger, conversation topics are not shown. The strange thing is that this does not happen for all users. Some users can see conversation topics while others cannot. Could you help us guessing what might be the problem?

icon

Best answer by Oseas 20 April 2023, 14:05

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @hossamnassser938 Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

Could you send over a screenshot of what you mean by conversation topics in the Messenger?

Hey @Racheal Tnx for the reply 😊

Here is a screenshot of the messenger when the conversation topics are displayed

Here is a screenshot for the messenger when the conversation topics are not displayed

Please note that this issue happens only on Android and for some users not all users.

I am having the same issue. It started about an hour ago. Messages I had sent earlier today are not showing up and neither are people's replies from today. The top thread is now a conversation from yesterday. It's as if it reset to 24 hours ago. Very strange. I came here to see if anyone else was dealing with the same issue.

I am having the same issue. It started about an hour ago. Messages I had sent earlier today are not showing up and neither are people's replies from today. The top thread is now a conversation from yesterday. It's as if it reset to 24 hours ago. Very strange. I came here to see if anyone else was dealing with the same issue.

no reply…?

@katesmith1304  I believe this is a different issue from what I’m experiencing. Could you check the screenshots since you might need to open a new issue

One possibility is that there may be a bug or compatibility issue with the SDK itself.

Another possibility is that there may be an issue with the user's internet connection or device settings.

It is also possible that there may be an issue with the messenger app itself

@Siera 

• Regarding the possibility of internet connection, I could replicate the issue for a given user and not for another user in the same session. So I can ignore this possibility.
  • Could you mention what you mean by messenger app itself?

Hey @hossamnassser938! Oséas here from the Support Engineering team 🕵️

To investigate this further we would need more detailed information about the issue such as:

• Intercom SDK version used in your React app
  • Android SDK the user is running
  • Relevant links to user, bot, conversations…

Since this involves sensitive information about your users, I’ll go ahead and open a private conversation so we investigate it further. You’ll get updates on your email address.

For any other use experiencing this issue, I recommend opening a conversation through our Messenger so we can request the necessary information. 

Thanx @Oseas that would be fine. However, I did not receive anything on my email till now?

Hey @hossamnassser938, I can see here that one of my teammates replied to the conversation I opened for you.

The notification should’ve been sent to the same email you use to log in here in the forum. If that’s not your real email, could you please send me a private message here with your email address so I can add it to the conversation?

@Oseas Yeah, I got it. I was checking my company email while I posted the topic from my personal one. Sorry for that