Answered

Deleting my user info so I can preview live multiple times

• 23 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi, is there a way to preview live without having to duplicate the product tours so many times or creating multiple profiles? For example a way I can find myself as a user and just delete the user info each time so that I can continue testing?

icon

Best answer by Racheal 29 August 2023, 02:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @Sulamita Ivanov Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

There are a few ways you can test your Product Tour. To make your Tour send more than once you can change the frequency and scheduling here:

Screenshot+2023-07-19+at+9.31.00+AM.png?expires=1693269467&signature=8a6de8722326c29e87388770be09e34787fbbbe57e128042c3f8768426fa4ac4

The max time is once per day using this method. You can also use our JavaScript method Intercom('startTour', 123); which will allow you to continuously trigger the Tour once per browser session (you'll just need to open a new tab for a new session). And lastly, you can test your Tour using the Shareable URL, which similar to the JavaScript method, you can trigger once per browser session. More on testing tours here!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Racheal Hi Racheal, thank you again! I tried the shareable link option in a new browser and it’s not working after I completed the tour once. It looks like I have the same settings you selected in the example and I’ve tried a new window and a new incognito window. 
We may be interested in adding the JS method. Is that code snippet all we need to add to our system?