Answered

How to create a Product Tour for the first time?

• 1 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I spent hours (2x in a row) creating a Product Tour and it's nowhere to be found.

The first time I created my Product Tour, I selected Preview at the bottom of the window and received a message that my changes may not be saved so I canceled out of it and then BOOM - the page lost all setup components and I was unable to get back to the create screen.

I tried again thinking "this time I wont preview it before it's saved and closed". I spent over 2 hours making the same Product Tour again, selected Save & Close, and then... gone. It's not in Intercom at all!

The ONLY thing I can think is that I forgot to add a subject/title (it's kinda hidden up at the top and isn't required), and I was not prompted to do so when I saved it - but that's it! If that was the reason, wouldn't the tour be saved as a draft as "Unknown" or something for the title?

I hesitate to work on them again in case it doesn't save again.

icon

Best answer by Ashley C12 1 February 2023, 22:39

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1

I GOT THE ANSWER! Whoop Whoop! Thanks to Kyle at Intercom for rescuing me.

There are 2 save requirements! I was pressing SAVE AND CLOSE, but not Saving again at the top. He was able to find my Product Tour on his end and recover it for me. Thank heavens. Don't forget to press save 2x!

Screenshot_2023-02-01_at_3_21_34_PM