Answered

'Lead email identification' toggled on. Not enough to prevent lead duplicates across devices?

• 12 April 2023
  • 2 replies

hey folks 👋

I have this option set in the security settings, with the understanding that it will add identifiers to leads when they click-through on emails.

But! Today I’ve encountered a case where an existing lead ended up with a duplicate record when they clicked-through an email on a different device than the one they initially used to open / interact with that email. 

Am I wrong in my understanding that this setting should serve as a fallback when a lead lands on our site via an email on a different device/without the initial/last cookie for reference?

NB - The page views logged on the duplicate lead show that the URL parameters from the email click were passed-through, so it’s not a case this lead was using a browser setting / extension to strip the tracking IDs.

TIA!
Adrian

icon

Best answer by Daniel M15 19 April 2023, 16:42

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey @Adrian Love! Daniel from Customer Support Engineering here 🔧 

It sounds like the feature is not working as intended here. We may need you to send on one of the emails to our team to dig into this, so I have forwarded your issue to our Customer Support team on your behalf. The team will get back to you as soon as they can. Thank you!

Hey @Daniel M15 , 

Ok, thanks! Request sent.

Btw, it’d be great if there was something such as an express/expedite link that only worked for the ID’d user.
As an example, such link could be shared by you in this instance to perform the pre-triage. 

Would save the hassle of going through the convoluted bot branching options that I experienced when raising this issue via messenger…. such a waste of time 🤦🏻‍♂️

Thanks, 
Adrian