Skip to main content
Answered

Looking for a better way to send a cancellation survey

• 13 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I have created a survey to send our customers when they send us notice to cancel. We want to gain insight into the the cancellation, and also offer them a deal to stay. The survey is hosted on a landing page within our website. Then the survey has been embedded into an email that we duplicate and send to individual customers when they cancel. 

The users of our application are synced nightly with Intercom, so their name, email, and unique id is already in intercom. We send the email, and sometimes when they answer we get back their name and email as being the person who answered. Sometimes that is blank, and we just get back nonsense and have no idea who answered the survey. This is important because if they indicated that they wanted to take us up on our offer, or want to talk to us about their pain points, we need to know who to reach out to.

I found these two bits of info in the documentation which may explain why we sometimes do not get the name and email of the person who answered the survey: "Note that in order for responses to be associated with a user record in Intercom, the user should be signed in to your product when they take the survey."  and also "A Leads answer will only be associated with an existing Lead profile if they still have the same cookie from when they were created. If they don't have the same cookie, it creates an anonymous Visitor and associates the Survey responses with that Visitor."

We don’t want to put the survey behind a login, and we are sending individual emails directly to Users in intercom already.

So with all that, what I am really hoping someone can help me figure out is a better, more surefire way to send a survey so that when they answer it we can see who answered. 

Thank you!

T

2 replies

Badge

I have the same issue and opened this new one...

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Tanya Massey ! Ebenezer here from Engineering Support👋.

Thank you for writing in to us.

We currently don’t have a way to combat this issue.

Without putting the survey behind a login, the only way you can ensure who is taking the survey is by collecting the email of the user in the survey. Apart from this there isn’t much you could do.

I will submit this as a feature request to the R&D team and if there is something they can do about this.