Skip to main content
Answered

Assigement of closed tickets

• 24 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has stumbled upon the issue with tickets having a requirement for input, like this

but when they are not filled in, the conversation still gets closed because we use “disable customer reply” and turned off duplicate conversations. Is there any way to define the state of a ticket so you can design a workflow to send a message to the customer: “Hey, you don’t seem to have filled in your details, do you need help with anything? when they input is required but they have not typed in anything?

I know the function “collect customer” reply in the workflow can be used for replies, but not for tickets that are not filled in by the customer. Is there any way to track this and nudge the customer based on it?

I am grateful for any tips or help!

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey @Dusan 

I believe you are using a logic like the below. At the moment, there is no option to pause Workflow until the end user completes the Ticket. So in the below case, it will simply send the Ticket form to the customer and then proceed to the next step (disable customer reply) straight away.

In this case, the user will no longer be able to reply to the conversation as it is disabled, and they won’t be able to open a new conversation as well until their current conversation is closed.

> Is there any way to define the state of a ticket so you can design a workflow to send a message to the customer: “Hey, you don’t seem to have filled in your details, do you need help with anything? when they input is required but they have not typed in anything?

There is currently no suitable Workflow trigger option for this use-case. But you can achieve it by using our Webhooks & REST API:

When you retrieve conversation data via API, you will be able to see if the ticket which you send in the conversation was submitted or not.

When the ticket is submitted:

When the ticket is not submitted yet, this object will be null as you see below:

So ideally, you can use Webhooks to get notification whenever a new conversation is created, and then after a certain period of time, you can check if the Ticket object is null or not via API, and send a follow-up reply based on that.

Hope this gives you some ideas on how you can potentially achieve this use-case :)