Answered

Managing Tickets

• 29 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi Everyone, 

My team and I are having a hard time adapting to Tickets but we want it to work as tracking our conversations that require engineering/technical assistance is quite difficult! Does anyone have any best practices or tips on how they are currently managing back office tickets when working with other teams? 

Here’s an example: 

Our support team may get an issue that requires us to get assistance from our engineering team. Currently we create a back office ticket, fill out all the necessary fields that our engineering team needs and assigns the ticket to the engineering queue. 

When the engineering team needs more information, they’d prefer not to keep the ticket in their queue so they send it back to support, essentially leaving us with double the amount of tickets till we get the information from our clients to send it back to the engineering queue. 

Appreciate any insight! 

icon

Best answer by mateusz.leszkiewicz 5 March 2024, 15:58

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Erin,

That seems like an organisational challenge.

I would recommend your team use a slightly different approach.

You can create a back office ticket and assign it to your engineering team's inbox.

The ticket will be tied to the conversation with your customer.

Engineers can switch off automatic ticket assignment in each of their workspace settings. (Look at the screenshot below).

..and leave the ticket unassigned in their inbox until it is resolved..

To ask for the update from the customer, they can just send a cross-post note, which will be visible in the Conversation with the Customer.

That way, you can keep your ticket count in check and still have full control over communication with the customer.

Please let me know if that was the answer you were looking for 😎