Answered

Custom Action to Zapier

• 15 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi there,

I would like to push full conversation body data via a custom action towards Zapier (webhook trigger).
The reason why I would like to use custom actions is because I only want conversations that were initialized with a bot. The moment the conversation is assigned to the team, the custom action would send the full conversation to Zapier. In Zapier, I would then like to summarize the bot conversationd and post it as a note into the same message for the support agent to easily understand the conversation.

The custom action I created seems to be successful, but the Webhook trigger in Zapier never receives the POST request from the custom action.
Also, I don’t find a way how to get the whole conversation as data into JSON?
I presume i need to use the “conversation_parts” object, but not sure how?

Thanks in advance for the help!

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 28 May 2023, 18:01

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @User2149 !

There isn’t a ‘transcript’ of the full conversation in the conversation object, rather there is a ‘Source’ attribute that contains the first message of the conversation then a series of conversation_parts that record all of the activities that take place over the course of the conversation, including comments from the end users and admin.

If you want a straight transcript of the conversation, you’ll need to pull the full JSON object of the conversation and then write a script on your end that pulls the comments from the object and creates the transcript. Then you’d want to send that over to Zapier. You can see what our REST API’s conversation model looks like, here.