Answered

Get only specific fields via request

• 25 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi! My question is, can we get only specific fields while making a request to intercom API? What I mean is can we somehow mention that we need only one or a couple of fields? For example by adding “&fields=type, total_count” to the request URI for getting conversations. 
Getting all fields for all conversations is just absolutely not optimal, especially considering the body part of the conversation. Moreover, the more conversations we will get, the heavier each update of this date will be. 

icon

Best answer by Eden 31 October 2023, 18:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Dmytro Horodetskyi 👋 Eden from the support engineer team here.

At the moment, it isn’t possible to extract only specific fields when making a request to the REST API. When retrieving information, all data from the endpoint you are requesting from will be returned and you will need to parse that data on your end. I can see how this would be useful though, this is a good feature request for the team! 👍

​Hi, @Eden! Thank you for your reply. I see, it is unfortunate, but we will handle it as it is. 
I will be waiting with anxiety to see this feature implemented someday so we can optimize our script even better😅