mimicking Intercom reports

• 9 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey there,

We’re trying to create Intercom reporting within Looker.

I have a few questions and was wondering if anybody else already tried to do this.

Median Response Time

- The conversation_history.statistics_median_response_time is a median already, but when aggregating this as a measure within Looker (to group per assignee_id or team_name), you’d get the average median response time or median median response time. These numbers could differ from the regular median response time within Intercom. Anybody who could think of a solution for this?

- Anybody knows which timestamp is used within Intercom report filters for Median Response Time?
Is Intercom’s timestamp the created_at, statistics_last_admin_reply or something else?

Volume metric
- We’re also looking into a volume metric where we want to understand how many NEW answered conversations were assigned to a specific person in a specific week. The issue here is that conversation ID’s are not necessarily unique within conversation_history. Which would lead to duplicate counts. The issue here as well is that, if you’d want to understand which conversation_history.assignee_ID corresponds with which admin.name, numerous admins can be part of 1 conversation.

→ We’re currently building a table where we get unique conversations based on the latest conversation_history.updated_at timestamp. Hope this would resolve this issue.

Hope it’s clear and if anybody has any ideas, let me know!

Jacob Cox 4 months ago

Hey there!

My teammate, Sara, wrote up a doc here that chats through how some of our Reporting metrics are created. I’d recommend reading that over to help with any questions that might pop up.

Regarding your questions around Median Response Time: 

Median response time (MRT) is defined as the median time it took for an admin to respond to a customer's last reply, at any point during a conversation, including their first response and any subsequent response.

Each individual response time for a conversation's MRT is calculated by comparing the last User response and the following admin response.

Regarding tracking how many new conversation were assigned to an admin you could look at the conversation_parts of the conversation and search for the part_type with the ‘assignment’ value and grab the admin_id from there.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey there!

My teammate, Sara, wrote up a doc here that chats through how some of our Reporting metrics are created. I’d recommend reading that over to help with any questions that might pop up.

Regarding your questions around Median Response Time: 

Median response time (MRT) is defined as the median time it took for an admin to respond to a customer's last reply, at any point during a conversation, including their first response and any subsequent response.

Each individual response time for a conversation's MRT is calculated by comparing the last User response and the following admin response.

Regarding tracking how many new conversation were assigned to an admin you could look at the conversation_parts of the conversation and search for the part_type with the ‘assignment’ value and grab the admin_id from there.