Answered

webhook error

• 3 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi

Im trying to create a webhook to stream some data to power bi. It seems pretty straightforward, but every time I enter the URL provided by power bi I get an error when I save.

Is anyone familiar with webhooks and would know why I might be getting an error. This is the URL i’m trying to post data too.

https://api.powerbi.com/beta/f4d47d75-31cd-49f6-9e40-9e32fbc4be60/datasets/c8b21055-b5c1-48e7-a3ee-fbe0b54a0b19/rows?experience=power-bi&key=GoCdtgSEk64pdsEadmz3Pe52aqKPrUSyeQewkcjSfSz9nrldMbcfntQPtmlvcZNHbF%2Fb4x8A9xESCHvmOw%2BZig%3D%3D

icon

Best answer by aykut.aydin 6 October 2023, 05:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey @david meakin 👋

When you attempt to save your webhook settings, Intercom will send a test webhook notification to your endpoint before the settings are saved. If your endpoint cannot respond to the request within the required time, or responds with an error, then you will not be able to save it. This seems to be the case here. You can also find information on how we deliver the webhook notifications and how your endpoint should handle them here.

Could you please check that and let us know if you are still experiencing any issues?

Many thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Aykut

I have since found out the program that I was using cant act as an endpoint in the way I wanted to I'm going to set up an AWS endpoint and database to achieve what I need.

Regards,

David Meakin

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @david meakin , glad to hear you found the solution to make it work, please let us know if that worked for you so that other users can also learn from your experience and helpful feedback 👍