Skip to main content

Hi everyone! 

I’m a Knowledge Manager at Multiverse and looking for ideas for how to improve the UX of our help-centre and article sentiment.

I’d love to see some examples of help-centre landing pages from other companies and if anyone has any tips for improving UX.

Separately, does anyone use any sentiment data other than article reactions to gauge the overall experience of the knowledge base? We have an extremely low article reaction rate (approximately 1%) and often when I investigate the conversations of those who reacted with a sad face to ‘Did this answer your question’, I find they have got in touch with a request or issue that could not have been answered by the article (they needed an agent to perform an action or fix something), so I'm not finding this is giving the best insight into how the knowledge base can be improved.

Would be grateful to hear from anyone who is navigating similar experiences :)

Hey @Shannon Babb 👋🏼`

Although it may be a generic answer to use, our Intercom Help Center landing page is always a good one to follow! 

But here are some tips I could find:

Prominent Search Bar: Place a large search bar at the top with autocomplete suggestions.
Organized Categories: Use icons to make categories intuitive and easy to navigate.
Highlight FAQs: Display popular questions upfront for quick answers.
Visual Aids: Use images, GIFs, or videos for complex topics.
Multiple Navigation Options: Offer breadcrumbs and links to related topics.
Support Channels: Provide options for live chat or direct contact.
User Feedback: Allow users to rate articles for continuous improvement.

As per your second question, it is important for the customer understands that if a question is not answered via the article, where to go to get in contact with your team. You should stress this espically near the bottom of article pages (as that is where the customer will inevitably end up if searching for answers). Or, maybe on articles with a lower satisfaction rate, you could set up a workflow URL rule that fires asking the customer if they need any further assistance that they can get in touch with your support team :)

Let me know if any of the above was helpful! All the best with your Help Center ☘️