Answered

How can I insert images in a numbered list?

• 25 March 2021
  • 6 replies

I want to use numbered lists for how-to steps in an article. I also want to insert some screenshots to help guide users. I'm learning the limitations of the Articles feature... and I have 2 questions:

1. When I add a screenshot below a step, I cannot continue the number sequence. The list re-starts at 0. How can I continue the list numbering?
  2. I want to insert an image within a paragraph, such as a small icon/button to help guide users. But images always appear on a new line. How can I insert an image inline such as this one that follows? icon_virtual_visit_pause
  3. (bonus observation). Interestingly, the numbering in this forum enables me to continue numbering!
icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 5 January 2022, 13:06

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@julie c11​ I'm afraid both of those are not possible at the moment. You should post it in @Product Wishlist​ .

The fact that the numbering continues in this forum is due to the fact that it's not an "Intercom system" it uses another provider.

Userlevel 1

@julie c11​, Kevin is right, it's not something we currently support. However, we are working on it, and while I don't have an exact release date to share (because sometimes these things can run into snags!), nesting of lists is something that we plan to support.

Userlevel 1

Hey @julie c11​, some good news - we're currently beta testing this feature! I've added your workspace to the beta, so you'll be able to nest lists in articles now. Let me know if you have feedback about, or issues with, this new feature!

@eric f11​ Is this feature in production yet? If not, would it be possible to be added to the beta? We're trying to achieve exactly what @julie c11​ has outlined. Images in lists with the ability to continue the numbering.

Userlevel 1

Hey @nick s14​, it is indeed possible to nest lists and create lists containing images within Articles now. If you're inserting images in lists, I'd recommend first creating the text list, then going back and adding the images within each item.

I know this article is old but I am having trouble inserting an image in the middle of a numbered list. Even if I create the numbered list first, when you add a line for the image (which I don’t want numbered) the rest of the numbered list begins at 1 and there does not seem to be a way of continuing it. What am I missing?