Answered

Intercom articles not allowing placing Custom Attributes for links

• 5 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I’m passing the window.location.hostname to intercom as custom_attribute as Intercom(“boot”,{appId:”myappId”,myHostName:window.location.hostname}.

in Intercom article , I want to access that myHostName custom_attrubute and append the path like

https://{{myHostName}}/pathtospecificpage.

like above I’m expecting inside an article , as my app will get deployed in different environments like dev,sit and uat, in that case inside intercom article appending the myHostName is must as per my requirement . but currently intercom is not supporting to pass custom_attributes . But this feature is much needed for my requirement.

so please help me to resolve this issue.

icon

Best answer by Racheal 9 June 2023, 02:03

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @jagankanipakam Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

First, thanks for all the context here- this is super helpful to know! As you noted, Intercom does not support the ability to insert custom attributes into Articles at this time. But I totally understand where you're coming from here and would love to pass this along as a feature request for the product team. 

Let me know if you have any follow up questions or if you have any additional feedback you'd like me to pass along!

it is an much needed feature for us , please implement it .