Skip to main content

Hi! I’m builfing out a 100-article or so help center, and I’d love to add crosslinking as I stage the articles. The only issue is that I don’t know what the URLs will ultimately be -- either the stem URL or what ID number Intercom will add to the end of the URL.

Maybe I just answered my own question, but is there a way to know what the URL will be before publishing -- and to pre-empt any potential changes on my end, can I use relative URLs?

Hi @Elliott Brown ! Ebenezer here from Engineering Support👋.

There currently isn’t a way to do this, what I can do is submit this to the R&D team and see if this is something they can do.

The only way to preview an article is by creating it and not adding it to a collection but at this point a public url for the article is not given.

Thanks!

It’s probably a minor point, but it would be nice to be able to know what URLs will be ahead of time (or have the ability to set them manually). It would help logistically -- and be better for SEO… but those are definitely secondary objectives when setting up a help center.

Hi @Elliott Brown! Thanks for the feedback!

I’ll bring this to the team as a feature request!!🙏

Is there any way at all to stage content with links so that you don’t have to go through the very lengthy process of changing all the links before publishing? I would say that proper support for staging is a minimal requirement for any type of serious help/KB system.