Answered

How do i re-order the listing of attributes for a customer in the "Details" panel?

• 17 January 2022
  • 2 replies

We can choose which attributes are shown (or hidden) but how can we re-order the list? For example, we might want the first 3 items to be:

1. phone
  2. connection count
  3. job title

but display a lot more than this below. At the moment we need to scroll to find these higher value fields in a longer list. We'd rather see them at the top.

details pane

icon

Best answer by Lisa B11 18 January 2022, 15:29

View original

2 replies

Hey @michael g14​ 👋

There isn't a way to list those in order of your choice at the moment but it's a good shout for a feature request over at our @Product Wishlist​ 🙌

Just to note, you can hide all and just have 3 displaying at the top but it's not possible to reorder those top 3.

Hey @lisa b11​ ⬆️

Is this setting domain-wide or at an an individual? the reason I ask is that marketing want to see different information to support. And marketing want A LOT of information available and use it rarely. Support want very little but use it all the time. Given the choice it means we need to restrict what is collected for marketing purposes. That seems counter to the promise of intercom to be effective for sales, marketing and support and to offer personalised messaging. We currently show 71 attributes. We will need to cut that down to 7 in order for support to be able to work effectively.

So if we can shape what is seen by role / login that will help (ie, marketing see 71 and support see 7). Is it possible? Or is it domain-wide? The pin-to-the top is not a valid solution.

It fits with the design principles:

• don't make me search (think)
  • provide hierarchies
  • Offering customisation of views, including ordering of fields
  • Understanding of information "at a glance"

These are very basic needs and my very first use of the product is that it didn't meet basic expectations / promise. We cannot nurture our customer relationships.