Answered

How to "mass tag" users in Intercom?

• 11 March 2021
  • 6 replies

I have a list of users in a spreadsheet that I'd like to all have tagged in intercom with a specific tag. Is there a way to do this?

icon

Best answer by Milan 12 March 2021, 01:06

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @eileen​ ,

You can tag them when uploading/importing those users, it's one of the steps in the process:

Screenshot 2021-03-12 010131You can choose the existing tag or create a new one during that step. If you do not do it, I believe there will be one automatically created marking those users you have uploaded.

Is that the answer to your question?

Thanks, @user382​ . I can only upload a list of NEW users though, correct? I can't use this same process to update existing users, correct?

I'd like to update the tags on existing users somehow, in bulk. Any ideas?

Badge +3

Hey @eileen​,

I'm a little confused as you mentioned you have a spreadsheet of users. Anyhow, if that spreadsheet contains existing users they will be mapped and you can still use this Tag feature

Yes. I do have a spreadsheet of users.

Previously we were using Intercom for support and a separate CRM to track other customer-related things (like the date they onboarded with us, etc). I'm trying to move everything over to Intercom so we're not working in two platforms.

So I want to pull a list of email addresses from my CRM who have attended an onboarding session with us, and tag all of those users as "onboarded" in intercom. The users exist in intercom already since we have been using both platforms for different purposes.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

No need for it to be new users, by uploading the list with the existing users (that will be identified by email or User ID attributes) you will not be creating new user but you will be updating the existing ones. So actually what you need is just a small set of data such as email, User ID and/or name... Also, consult this link https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/177-import-your-user-data-into-intercom#how-to-import-users-from-a-csv/p>

OK awesome - that's what I didn't know. If I upload a list of existing users, it's updating existing users as well as inserting any new users that don't already exist.

Thanks for that clarification