Skip to main content
Answered

I can't export users

• 12 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi, on Fridey I tried to export users, I selected filters. Clicked to make an export, it was written that it will happen in a few hours. It has already been over 96 hours, no file. And so 4-5 times.

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @vladimir k​ , You don't get any e-mails? Once the export file generated by Intercom, you should get an e-mail with a download link. 

Please, check the e-mail (Spam folder as well).

If you still don't get it, the best way will be to contact Intercom support via messenger.

Hello @roy s11​ , I wrote to Intercom support via Facebook messenger and they helped me. It is strange that in the support chat no one answered me for 5 days, it is a pity.

Userlevel 1

So that others can learn from @vladimir k​'s experience - their email address was on our bounce list, which is why they could not receive any user exports. Once our team was able to reply to their conversation, they were able to remove them from the bounce list!

@eric f11​ Did you send someone a message that you are on the bounce list or why you cannot export?

Why was it on the bounce list?

Why didn't anyone reply to me within 5 days? Is this also a bounce list?))

Userlevel 1

An email address typically ends up on our bounce list because we've tried to send that address an email in the past, and it's bounced back i.e. we've received notification that the address either doesn't exist or can't be reached.

In relation to the long wait times you've experienced with our support team, this is a challenge which they're currently trying to navigate. They've experienced some changes due to the covid-19 pandemic and they're doing their best to overcome these and get back to a place where wait times are much improved. I appreciate that it's extremely frustrating to have to wait so long for a response and I can assure you that no-one wants our customers to be in this situation, and we're doing our very best to get wait times back to a good place.