Skip to main content
Answered

I need to update the USER ID generated automatically by Intercom for each User. I have tried unsuccessfully to do this.

• 30 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I exported my listing of users and then replaced the existing USER ID generated by your platform, with the USER ID we have for the users. When I import this list back it has created new users. How do I replace the USER ID that was generated by Intercom without creating a New User?

Hi @wendy k​ , Intercom not generates the USER ID for the users, are you sure that you are not confusing USER ID with Contact ID?

Intercom only generates USER ID for leads. Still, if you want to change the User ID in Bulk, you can do it via CSV file upload.

Please, describe your issues in detail so I could help you.

More information about USER ID - Here

More information about updating users via CSV File - Here

I am referring to the USER ID as per the attached example of my own. When i exported the active users and updated several of the USER IDs and imported the csv back into Intercom, it created brand new user profiles vs, replacing the USER ID 40476 with KERUWE (as one example).

@wendy k​ , I just now tested, you are right - It's not possible to update user ID via CSV. I think that's because it's a unique user identifier that won't change. The only way here will be to update the User IDs via Intercom API.

You can submit this feedback to @Product Wishlist​ Group, meantime if you have any questions with API - I'll be happy to help.

Wishing you a very Happy New Year 🎅‍🎄