Is anyone else having issues with their links NOT being clickable in their user and company segmenting? If I display a custom attribute that is a link, it isn't clickable currently.

• 11 August 2020
  • 6 replies

Is anyone else having issues with their links NOT being clickable in their user and company segmenting? If I display a custom attribute that is a link, it isn't clickable currently.

The update after reporting this the first week of July is that the bug hasn't been reported enough times to warrant developer resources. 😑

So if you are experiencing this could you please email IC and let them know so my entire workflow can not be in the garbage can because someone can't make a link work?

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @nicole j12​ 👋 I raised your post here with our engineers and I saw that you were chatting with Annie and Laura from our Support team as well! Looks like the issue has been resolved, which is good news!

Yeah, I appreciate that it was taken seriously yesterday, after over a month, but it literally took me raising how much we pay every month for this product before anyone would even look at it. Earlier in the day yesterday the response was that the problem wasn't important enough to warrant any attention, and likely wouldn't be until more people complained.

Not ideal. Especially when the bug was evidently such a quick and easy fix.

This is part of my frustration with IC support, in general. It takes several responses to get to anyone who can take actual action or has any ability to affect action on our behalf.

I don't expect immediate fixes. I know how bug cycles work and I know how engineers prioritize things. But after communicating how frustrating this was, and waiting over a month for even word on when this could get some attention only to get totally blown off? That did not make me feel very valued, as a client. It really feels like you have to either get really upset or have an internal advocate there to get anything done, and that's frustrating.

Userlevel 1

Absolutely, that's a pretty crappy experience (to say the least), and not one that we want to replicate. You OK if I surface your post here with your account manager and our Support team internally?

My account manager is aware. This isn't an isolated incident, unfortunately. This one is another one that's been going on with no updates for two months. When I asked for an update after a month of waiting, I got a short, "It's not fixed yet, which is why I haven't sent an update along. I will follow up once I do have an update to share." That was a month ago. So, two months total I've been twiddling my thumbs and unable to clean up my segmenting because of this.

For the most part the support team is trying to be helpful, but I think this is a matter of product and engineering not making time appropriately to take care of these little annoying, relatively low-urgency housekeeping issues, combined with support feeling frustrated and that showing through to the user (me).

Also, we've had so many poor experiences dealing with questions, issues, and bugs in support that it is hard not to start off expecting things to go poorly. It isn't fun on either end of things. I'm sure they are playing hot potato with our tickets just as much as we are lamenting having to reach out on our end.

unnamed

Userlevel 1

Thanks for sharing this feedback with your account manager.

This thread has got me thinking - what's the best way to surface this kind of feedback in the Community? What do you think? Would you rather surface it directly to me as Community Manager, or is there some way we could manage this as a community?

I'm not really sure, but I'm definitely NOT feeling heard through the regular support channels. On a regular basis.