Answered

Auto-Reply: as solution for no signature feature.

• 5 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Hey guys,

we are a german based company, in e-mails we are comitted to post our company details to emails. There is no Signature-Feature in Intercom, so we tought about a workaround.

The workaround would be:

1. Get Message from Customer per E-Mail
  2. Intercom send an auto-reply [JUST FOR E-MAIL Conversation]
    1. Text would be like: We are currently very busy and write you as soon as possible. [Now our company details, that are required from german law.]
  3. From now on, we dont send any company details, but we had it in the first response, so the law-situation is fine.

Any ideas how to set it up, that every FIRST Message via EMAIL get an AUTO-REPLY?

Thanks for help!

Andreas!

icon

Best answer by Kevin Bendixen 5 August 2021, 14:07

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@andreas b12​ Would it be enough if all of your outgoing emails from Intercom had a signature? You could simply create a custom email template where you could include a signature in the footer element. You can then select this template to be the default one for all emails.

You wrote its for outgoing e-mails. I found the feature, but it is on "Outbound". - Does the template also works an alle via Messenger sent e-mails? Thats our point, need it for the outgoing e-mails by answering questions in messenger.

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@andreas b12​ yes, if you choose the template as the default it will also be used when you respond to an email via the Intercom inbox.

Good Morning Kevin.

Thats wrong, tested it right now, its not working. The Template I designed and choose not displayed on the respond email via intercom inbox.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@andreas b12​ Then there seems to be a misunderstanding of what you are trying to do. Because I just sent an email to myself via the Intercom messenger using this button and it did use the default template I set.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-06 um 16.31.36Can you explain what exactly you want to do?

Or are you talking about the "reminder" emails that Intercom sends if a user hasn't seen your chat response?

Hey there.

We've got the same problem and the proposed solution doesn't work.

How can we add a footer to the following email generated by replying to a conversation in Inbox?

Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 13.30.59