Skip to main content
Answered

Fin bot initial responses too long

• 15 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello,

Is there any method or setting to have Fin provide a shorter answer initially, and give the user the option to ask for it to elaborate and provide a more detailed response? Currently, the bot is providing answers that are too long and overwhelming. Any solutions or adjustments we could make to get closer to this goal would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jason

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Jason Fox This is a great question, we found this as well when we started implementing Fin for a new team using Intercom.

I was hoping for a way to set a prompt to be more concise but as I experimented more, it seemed Fin tends to be more long winded in situations where there's a lack of clarity in the content available in the knowledge hub for a specific question or wording. 

You can use Custom Answers to prevent this in some key situations because the custom answer will override the Fin response but I'd recommend experimenting with your help center and other content to see if you can improve the results for the questions. 

Articles with headings and key connect broken down in a way that Fin has a clearer answer to provide on those topics. 

Also using profiles and other technics to focus the content for the user's needs i.e. paid use on a specific plan might enable Fin to pinpoint the right info and a shorter message because it can filter out things the might not be relevant. 

If you happen to have some examples, maybe we can suggest other ideas to improve the response and also if you've got the latest version enabled, feeding it more context from the inbox will help too!

Feel free to reach out via DM if you want to share a screenshot privately for feedback.

Hope this helps