Answered

Use default contact for an email inbound to use the reply-to address

• 6 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi all, I’m hoping to change the default identifier from `from` to `reply-to` on an inbound email. We have a form that sends an email when the user submits however it comes from no-reply@company.com and we attach a `reply-to` with the user’s email address. 

In the intercom conversations, everything is working except that the conversation is linked to no-reply@company.com instead of the user’s submitted email address that comes from the `reply-to` This means we cannot view the correct contact in the conversation. 

I was going to attempt to detach the contact using the API however it is quite risky to try an wait for the conversation to be created before I detach / attach new contacts. 

Do you know of any way I can set the default contact for an email inbound to use the reply-to address?

icon

Best answer by Larissa Alberti 7 November 2023, 17:04

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Aaron Byrom 👋

Larissa from Intercom Support.

It would be helpful to see the actual email/conversation you’re referring to in order to have a better understanding and see if we can achieve what you want to.

I’ll reach out to you directly via Intercom in order to provide additional support.