Answered

React native Android build failed

• 7 November 2023
  • 2 replies

After installing and setting up intercom in a react native project, android build fail.

I’m getting the following error

Execution failed for task ':app:mergeExtDexWatuDebug'.
> Could not resolve all files for configuration ':app:watuDebugRuntimeClasspath'. > Failed to transform play-services-measurement-api-21.4.0.aar (com.google.android.gms:play-services-measurement-api:21.4.0) to match attributes {artifactType=android-dex, asm-transformed-variant=NONE, dexing-enable-desugaring=true, dexing-enable-jacoco-instrumentation=false, dexing-is-debuggable=true, dexing-min-sdk=21, org.gradle.status=release, org.gradle.usage=java-runtime}. > Execution failed for DexingWithClasspathTransform: /Users/emmanueltochukwu/.gradle/caches/transforms-3/fceb8847abe1dd3732979c14af3f21a7/transformed/jetified-play-services-measurement-api-21.4.0-runtime.jar. > Error while dexing. > Failed to transform play-services-measurement-api-21.4.0.aar (com.google.android.gms:play-services-measurement-api:21.4.0) to match attributes {artifactType=android-dex, asm-transformed-variant=NONE, dexing-enable-desugaring=true, dexing-enable-jacoco-instrumentation=false, dexing-is-debuggable=true, dexing-min-sdk=21, org.gradle.status=release, org.gradle.usage=java-runtime}. > Execution failed for DexingWithClasspathTransform: /Users/emmanueltochukwu/.gradle/caches/transforms-3/fceb8847abe1dd3732979c14af3f21a7/transformed/jetified-play-services-measurement-api-21.4.0-runtime.jar. > Error while dexing. * Try:

Any assistance on this will be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 12 November 2023, 23:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey there @emmanuel93 !

This error doesn’t look familiar to me at all and I can’t find anything similar in our logs or repo. Is there a reason why you think this is associated with Intercom?

I would make sure you are following our installation instructions here and looking over the example app that we created, to make sure you have everything set up correctly.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I am seeing a StackOverflow article related to that error. Perhaps it will be helpful?