Skip to main content
Answered

Add messenger cookie

• 11 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I have a website example.com with a “Support” button in the footer. The button is a link to example.com/help. On the server, that redirects to help.example.com (intercom). We’ve set that up following the custom domain instructions and this all works fine. 

However, if the user is signed in on our site, I’d like to pass the information about the signed-in user to intercom. How can I do this WITHOUT loading any client JS on our site.

There should be a way to add a cookie server side on the help.example.com route that identifies the user but I don’t see any doc that explain how to do this.

Any help would be appreciated 🙏

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @donavon-silverback ---- Cam from the Technical Support Engineering team here 👋

I understand what you’re looking for - this type of capability has been requested by other customers, as you can imagine - but at present it is not possible to add a cookie server side on the Help Center domain to identify the User, nor is there a workaround to achieve this.

I’d be be glad to add your interest in this to the Feature Request thats been submitted to our Product Development for their consideration as they plan for the future!